okay seriously I just can't stop blogging...

someone pull me away from the computer....please! haha just joking!

WE DON'T THINK YOU NEED TO BRING ANYTHING BUT YOUR BASIC TOOL KIT & PHOTOS, BUT IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO HERE IS MY HELPFUL LIST:

Basic tool kit:
camera & manual
pencil,eraser, ruler
black/brown journaling pens
favourite adhesives
your must haves, cannot live without.

items sponsors are GIVING you to keep:
marvy trimmer with interchangeable blades
scissors
bloom titanium knife
adhesive
patterned paper
loads of embellishments & treats!~


okay let's get done to the nitty gritty. This is exactly how I pack for events when I was pregnant (why did I say pregnant? because you CANNOT carry too much due to injuring your baby, so you have to pack much wiser. I got good at this since I seemed to be pregnant non stop for the last 5 years. LOL!!!)

I sit down and think, how many layouts do I realistically do on an average night of hanging with my friends? Be true to yourself. If you only do 4-5 , don't plan for 20 a night cause the cruise ship does offer LOT'S of fun stuff to tantalize you, WE are going to offer lot's of fun extras to do. you re going to want to mingle, laugh, go on adventures. So I look at my pictures that i want to get done. Pick ones that will keep you really interested in scrapbooking. if you always scrapbook chronologically maybe spice it up by doing some layouts that are from recent photos in between your older ones. This will keep your interest as well as giving you some recent memories to reflect upon, and new family photos to share with your new friends on the boat...everyone wants to talk and get to know their neighbors, whether it is chatting about your kids, husband, friends, pets, work, etc. Then I take those pictures, go to my patterned paper stash, pick papers I would probably use with those pictures. I do give myself a selection incase, but I DO NOT take 10-15 pages I might use. I take maybe 3-4. Then I go to my cardstock stash and pick my staples. black, brown, white and the a few extra for choice. I especially bring any "colours" that really match my photos. Then I go to the "embellishment" area. I pick out a few, but I DO NOT take too many of these. Cause I may need one 5 letter word of chipboard letters, and end up taking 2-3 different packages of chipboard letters. NOW I have just packed way too much. Instead take alphabets like " American Crafts thickers." They provide lot's of choice for less weight and bulkiness in the suitcase. Remember it is all about the bulk. do NOT bring bulk. I find that maybe I didn't bring something that I know would've been good on the page. I flip the page over and write myself a note, then I add it and finish the page when I get home. I don't ever take my albums, they for one could get wrecked, and 2 they are HEAVY! So I plan paper holders to hold my finished results.

So quick summary of what I said:
  • plan exact photos you'd like to accomplish, and then bring a few extras.
  • pick out your favourite patterned papers and cardstock , and then bring a FEW extras
  • bring a few coordinating embellishments, especially things that take less space and weight. maybe use stickers, rub ons, bling versus chipboard, acrylic, metal. or be select on what you bring
  • if you want to bring ribbon, ribbon maybe 14" of each colour, DON"T bring entire rolls. UNLESS you are making mini albums where you will use that ribbon throughout. I scrap pretty intensely and I have NEVER used a whole roll at a crop before.
  • bring essentials like black/brown markers for journaling, your favourite cannot live without adhesive, but remember we have a huge Diamond level adhesive sponsor, so just keep that in mind...

Things I like to share between friends:
  • acrylic blocks
  • crop a diles
  • staplers
  • ink colours
  • stamp sets
  • multi coloured watercolours, pencil crayons, gel pens, journaling pens in other colours
  • slice machines
  • cricuts, etc
  • magazines/idea books
  • embossing guns/powder
items that will be available for use in classes & crops:
  • westcott cutting mats
  • scor-it boards
  • acrylic stamp sets (even more from other companies than what I am bringing!!!!)
  • a few acrylic blocks
  • crop a dile
  • a few stamp pad colours
  • staplers
  • a few random embellishments: flowers, ribbon, brads, etc


there is probably more, if you think of any please add to this list. Just keep in mind, you probably will not be using these items at all times, so why not share?

JUST KEEP THIS IN MIND, DO NOT TAKE ANY GLUES, SCISSORS ON CARRY ON, THEY WILL BE TAKEN AWAY!!!! I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE!!!!

Here's a few of the stamps I am bringing that you are welcome to use:
please click their links to see the images of the stamps

Stampin Up
Central Park-2 step stamping
Fifth Avenue Floral
Petal Pizzazz
Playful Petals
Flower Fancy

My Stamp Box:
Alphabets:
Lots of Dots
Letterboxes
Rough copy
Other:
Colorful Companions
He loves me
Seal it
Neighborhoods
All Year Round
Just add Notes
Your Story
small boxes:
Small greetings (small box)
Happy Birthday (small box)

Daisy Bucket
You & Me
Heart Seal
Loves Me
With Love
( There might e a few more surprises we were chatting about for stamps, but I won't know till Florida)

Magenta
There are a whole bunch of stamps here to play with:
15 different flowers in all sizes
5 leaf sets
3 art deco sets

Gelatins- this one I haven't receied them yet, so they might be a surprise! LOL! surprises are good.



Okay, hope that answers some questions!!!! If you have any more keep asking, love to help in any way I can!!!

No comments: